- I had to purchase Risk for this article about games I am writing and we played it tonight and it is fair to say that I did not acquit myself with honour, or even basic decency. I must save the sordid details for the piece but I think really, the game must be destroyed. People play this? For entertainment? Even the tiny unstable plastic men filled me with rage and that was before we started playing.
- Doleful text from Prog Rock "Lakeland less fun than before. Things actually useable".
- Email from B consisting solely of the word fuck approximately 350 times.
- Picture of someone's huge bloody lizard bite on Facebook glimpsed once then swallowed into the bewildering morass of the FB homepage is causing me confusion - who do I know with a feral lizard? How? I need more information.
- Found myself with an "ebola, ebola" earworm due to watching this excellent, admirable video
- M and I are both preoccupied The Missing, a BBC gloomfest set in Northern France
M: I find it remarkable how everyone in rural northern France speaks such excellent English.
E: Don't they. The blue collar paedophile is so eloquent, and so colloquial.
M: Yup. Also the garage mechanic.
E: The police. Totally fine conducting interviews in English. Oh, also, I like the gang. "Les Caïds de la Cité". HA.
M: Like they'd call themselves that. It would be like the mob calling themselves "Urban Mobsters"
E: 'We're the Badass Gangster Gang. Yep. That's our name'.
- Clicked on the wrong channel whilst trying to watch Posho doco on Tatler magazine and ended up enthralled watching this guy instead:
Except in the live version he was accompanied by several accordionists in short shorts (both genders) and watched by 8000 ecstatic Belgian mammies. How have I lived in Belgium for over 8 years and not encountered him and is there some kind of procedure to take me back to that state of happy ignorance?
Thank god for my friend F who sent me these excellent pictures of (i) a menacing mini-pony and (ii) accompanying sign.
Yikes, time to post. And indeed to sleep. Any oddities with you today, or dreary Monday business as usual?