A nicer picture than yesterday's, this.
It's nice to have the old, world-weary, threadbare dog back, even though he has just been sick on the kitchen floor (presumably a result of well-concealed effervescence of joy at our return). We also discovered tonight that he is violently opposed to lunges. Obviously, it has taken five years cohabitation with him to discover that because I am more likely to build a scale model of the Cutty Sark out of unicorn horn parings than do a lunge, but the children festered on the sofa all day and did not get dressed, so had an early evening burst of excess energy.
Topics covered today:
- tortoise favela maintenance (necessary, overdue)
- chicken escape (constant, single culprit)
- competition law (much as ever, antitrusty)
- the worst Pokémons (Magikarp, Snorlax "all those useless pieces of metal", discuss)
- the desirability of a child attending a Halloween patisserie workshop (very desirable)
- innovative office facilities in London and Brussels (no knowledge, knowledge must be acquired very rapidly)
- parsnips (no) (not even roasted, no) (especially not in soup)
- 1 meeting
- 1 "conference call" (ugh)
- 2 invoices issued
- 1 bill paid (cancelling out both invoices)
- 1 pan of brownies
- 1 hotel review
- reduced face picking
- only 2 people actively, visibly revolted by my cough
- Dinner (many films pierced)
- Realised Cos shroud dress covered in mysterious, apparently food, crap during meeting
- Dread-inducing outstanding work mound undiminished
- New unsightly nose buboe from scratchy Eurostar loo roll
- Most other stuff
God, I am boring. Tomorrow I have to go for a fancy arse lunch ON MY OWN (I'm trying to make that sound more exciting than it is). I'll try and spin something out of that.