The Etsy calendar did ok:
I have been thinking I ought to assemble a list of things I must remember about Christmas so I don't get too excited. So far I have the following:
1. Someone always gets ill. Often all of us get ill, one after another in a bad-tempered, out of synch, succession.
2. There are about 3 hours of daylight in York in December.
3. Boxing Day, generally.
If you can think of any, do add in the comments.
Today I have:
- Tried and failed to eat a bread roll full of raw meat. I managed two bites. Belgium, your choice of raw meat garnished with a token sprig of cress as a sandwich filling still defeats me.
- Had a Pierre Marcolini hot chocolate to take the taste away.
- Became quite riled with the children, who have been significantly less than charming. This has not stopped L, who needs some further training in 'picking his moment', from providing me with this somewhat ambitious Christmas list:
I think it says "a Kindle, a smartphone, a meteorite necklace, a gummy shark". Presumably I'm not supposed to supply the skinny, miserable dog? I mean, we already have one he ignores.
- Discovered Rossetti had two wombats. Now I am really jealous of a dead Pre-Raphaelite.
- Became completely hysterical perusing this demented menu with M.
M: Waves. Can I eat waves?
E: "Engloved" lamb.
M: I'll have a starter of 'what is left of the mauresque', please, and a main of 'gothic church'.
E: I believe the bits on the right hand side are the "atmosphere". Music, lighting, smells, sounds, other physical sensations.
M: The smell of "Paris"?
E: Urine and croissants.
M: Somebody comes and wees on your table, then slathers you in butter.
What of your Tuesdays? Was your lamb suitably engloved?