Day two of the disrespectful advent calendar of tradition-distorting self-indulgence yields a sparkly wire star.
Lovely, but we aren't actually having a Christmas tree this year, because we leave on 21st and it's hardly worth it and seems disrespectful to the tree in question. I'm not complaining. Well, perhaps I am, but it'll be lovely next year.
Hipster advent calendar:
A staircase. It's growing on me, even though its doors are in order and half open already.
Today: ... was quite irritating. My facial expression has, for much of the day, mirrored that of a stoat bursting out of a fondant fancy (I strongly advise you to follow that link). Look on my minor bourgeois tragedies ye mighty, and despair.
- Dog cannot come on Christmas holidays with us because we are so disorganised there are no kennels left on the boat. "Dress him as a girl and say he is your unfortunately long-faced daughter", says F, most helpfully.
- Comprehensively messed around by a range of people for work purposes. This part is ongoing. Indeed, it currently feels endless.
- Dogged by the recurrent feeling that 85% of my professional decisions are enormously stupid. WHY did I say I would do extremely time-consuming and stressful task x for forty quid? Again? Why do I continue to do time-consuming and stressful task y when it stops me from seeking out more interesting work? God knows. I am functionally stupid.
- Required by F to drink approximately 7 cups of coffee because he is collecting the capsules for his Dutch teacher's craft project (?).
- Godalmighty headache (possibly 7 cup of coffee related).
It doesn't sound very impressive when you write it down, does it. Boo hoo.
- Lovely sunny day.
- The vole in the fondant fancy is really cheering me up.
- Have you worked out what kind of Pokemon you are?
- You may enjoy the world's most disturbing Shutterstock image I happened upon whilst looking for a nice bland image using the search term "cocktail party". This is no cocktail party I wish to attend.
- So much leftover Ethiopian food from the weekend that I may do as M suggested and "make yourself an injera blanket". Or maybe some kind of cardigan? It seems like it might be quite warm and it's a fetching mouse brown colour.
That's all here, I think. That and a couple of Nurofen and the prospect of more of the same. And you?