God, it's late. I bet you're all breathless with anticipation for more tales of absolutely fuck all. Well, it was sort of worth waiting for, because the advent calendar outdid itself today:
An actual piece of jewellery! That I would wear! My wrist hasn't gone green yet either. This was especially exciting as F had poked the envelope thoroughly and told me it was "a piece of string".
The Etsy calendar has gone traditional:
I also got an advent message from my sister, to whom I passed on the advent calendar Prog Rock gave us, which was identical in all respects to the ones he gave us for the three previous years.
"J- 6! i have a confession, today i opened all the advent calender doors to check there was baby jesus. there was :)
although i guess you know that seen as youve seen him for the last 3 years"
Speaking of Prog Rock, this seasonal exchange with home:
(The "thongs" are F's artificial grass lined flip flops. His list is: grass flip flops, a plush stomach ache, sonic screwdriver remote control, wooden cube robot, gyroscope. Eccentric but wholly in character).
1. Found lost birth certificate and completed ludicrous, expensive, time-consuming piece of admin.
2. Finished, more or less, 2 pieces of work.
3. Civilised evening watching children play chess, like it was 1958 or something.
4. Managed to actually pay one of the 17 separate sets of bin men who come round this week for Christmas boxes instead of hiding in the dark under the table as usual.
1. Also turned up three huge unpaid bills in search for birth certificate.
2. About 7 other pieces of work still to do before Christmas, not including the ones I have doubtless forgotten.
3. Third game of chess degenerated into inconsolable weeping and unreasonable behaviour from all involved.
4. Actually had to stand on doorstep physically emptying child's piggy bank in front of binman.
A no score draw, I think, which isn't too bad for a Monday. Any achievements your end?