I liked the Non-Working Monkey's television reviews particularly (re. Julianna Margolies in The Good Wife: "She has won over 142 Emmys for her performance which remains exactly the same from episode to episode") and her list of things she is good and bad at. I would like to read other people's, I think. What are you good and bad at? Mine, after some thought, goes:
Poor grasp of logic, take things too personally, uncomfortable with all forms of conflict, even purely theoretical ones undertaken for "fun". It is not "fun" for me to have to argue about anything, even about which is better, a KitKat or a Twix (I DON'T KNOW. Whichever you prefer). It distresses me. Imagine for a second what a great lawyer I was.
Astonishingly bad. Get nine year old's homework wrong bad. This wouldn't be quite so shameful if my father didn't have a motherfucking theorem/equation/thingy named after him. I tried to go and look at it experimentally, but it fried my brain. God, he knows proper stuff, that is useful to the universe. I have slightly depressed myself.
3. Parking without panicking and crying and breaking wing mirrors.
4. Driving without panicking and crying and breaking wing mirrors.
5. Painting my nails.
6. Games. All of them. Ones with balls especially.
7. Complaining. See: arguing.
8. Thinking up meals. Ugh. Let's have fishfingers again.
9. Going to the Post Office even though it is actually fine and there is almost never a queue.
10. Accepting criticism.
11. Talking to strangers.
12. Using the telephone.
1. Reading aloud to children
3. Touch typing
4. Compiling Christmas stockings
5. Meeting deadlines. I put this down to all those years of being shouted at by boggle eyed bankers to produce 9000 pages of pharmaceutical industry due diligence on time.
6. Writing work emails that sound considered, and thoughtful, when in fact they are written in 5 seconds while watching You Tube videos of sloths.
7. Maintaining steely indifference in the face of spiders/mice/rats/ferrets/snakes/earwigs/wormy things/pretty much anything living.
8. Maintaining a strong stomach in the face of dog or child effluvia of all kinds.
10. Remembering shop or restaurant names and addresses.
11. Remembering the ridiculous ephemera the children are supposed to take to school on particular days. I am basically extremely cowed by all forms of authority and thrive on mindless deference to rules. This is not a good thing in the wider sense, but the remembering is, I suppose.
12. Drawing Pokémons to order. Want a Jigglypuff? Form an orderly queue.
What are you good and bad at? Please add yours in the comments.