"Lantern fish devil may cry" (incomprehensible)
"Mature women use self-deprecation filthy" (uncanny, though possibly not the same kind of 'filthy')
"Pathetic Belgium" (mean)
"Gaufre de Liège chewy" (stale)
"aspirational glasses" (yes please, particularly after recent, wounding keyword search "Belgian bint ugly glasses bad attitude").
News from behind the deathly barricades at Gulag 54 is.. anticlimactic. There is lots of this kind of thing:
Policemen mooching around in a desultory fashion carrying offensive weapons. We were breathlessly informed that "the alert level has been raised", but then allowed to wander, unchallenged into the building through a side door kindly left open by the handyman. C'est normal.
1. I have a whiny, snivelly, cold
2. M has given me her psychosomatic cough through brain twinnage cross-infection
3. My outfit is all wrong when it should have been so so right.
4. I left the fridge open all day
5. I have been a total wimp about something and have consequential self-loathing. 'Letting I dare not wait upon I would, like the poor cat in the adage', as Jeeves regularly said to a baffled Bertie Wooster. I do not even have a peerless manservant to pour me a stiff drink to compensate.
1. There are 2 Colin the Caterpillar cakes left in my floral tin.
2. I am seeing the Teacup for a lavish lunch on Thursday when we will exchange fish war stories. And oh look! She has revived her ailing blog with a lovely post which features a mantilla.
4. B is being particularly hilarious at the moment. He told me today that he "wished to stab this day with an ivory vampire killing kit", then set out a detailed fantasy of a killing spree we could go on together. His resources of baby animal material are seemingly inexhaustible.
5. Tomorrow I plan to do nothing more challenging that sit in total silence in my house and write, then go and drink Kirs Avignonais. I do not know what they are, that is the surprise.
Your whines and salvations in the comments, please.